The book “Daughters Across Borders” is out. We the authors read from it at a pre-launch in Todmorden Library and at the launch in Denton’s Thackeray’s Book store. Buy the book from Indigo Dreams Publishers or from Amazon.
Seven co-authors and I wrote eight stories about our relationships with our Fathers. Annie Hart gathered us all, physically in her place in Hebden Bridge and virtually online, to put together a book to honour that half of us – Fathers: fabulous, absent, distant and single parent ones.
- How one Father survived a Japanese POW camp during WWII
- How another Father battered the Mother of his eight kids
- How a Father raised his Daughter on his own and then left for another continent
- How a Father had only six conversations with his Daughter in all his life
- How a Father considered his life a quiet despair
- How a Father dealt with his European daughter converting to Islam
- How a Father conceived his Daughter against all odds
- How a Father ordered chips from his Daughter without recognising her